Assessment Day Bookings
SATURDAY 25th November 2023
GymFun Boys and GymSkills Girls Session 1: 1.30-3.00pm
GymSkills Boys and Girls Session 2: 3.30-5.00pm
GymSports FNQ’s GymFun and GymSkills programs have been developed to allow our recreational gymnasts within the club to take part in the Australian Levels Program (ALP). The ALP starting at Level 1, will focus on teaching the technical aspects of skill development, encourage correct posture, build strength & flexibility, while keeping the emphasis on FUN. These programs allow gymnasts to progress through the foundational levels system at their own pace without the commitment of the full competitive program training hours or competition requirements.
GymFun Bronze – Beginner entry level shapes and assisted skills
GymFun Silver – Focus towards developing beginner skills
GymFun Gold – Level 1 skill development (no routine)
GymSkills Bronze – Compulsory WAG Level 1 routines (ALP)
GymSkills Silver – Drills in preparation for WAG Level 2
GymSkills Gold – Compulsory WAG Level 2 routines (ALP)
Recreational Assessment Days: Sponsored by Fuller Sports
Each Term GymSports FNQ holds a Recreational Assessment Day which are proudly sponsored by Fuller Sports, Edmonton. Assessment Days are a great opportunity for gymnasts to be assessed on the skills they have been learning in class. Although not compulsory*, we strongly recommend gymnasts participate to recognise their progression and be rewarded for their efforts, as well as giving them the chance to ‘show off’ to family and friends.
- GymFun: Term 1 and Term 3
- GymSkills: Term 2 and Term 4
- Boys GymFun & GymSkills: Term 2 and Term 4
* All assessed gymnasts will be presented a participation medal and certificate
* To PASS their level gymnasts need to receive a Red or Blue sticker for each apparatus
(vault, bars, beam, floor) with an exception of 1 green sticker, GymSkills Gold only Blue &/or Red
* Cost for the Assessment is $25pp
* Assessment fee includes a record book to keep certificates and program information
Nominations and payment due: Sunday 19th November – NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED
After the Assessment Day all gymnasts will remain in their current classes and commence working on their next skill set. Successful GymFun Gold gymnasts will transition into GymSkills Bronze the following term.
*It is compulsory for ALL GymSkills Gold gymnasts to attend the Assessment Day and successfully pass in order to move into the GymSports Levels Program.
We except cash, bank transfer or PayPal via our PAY NOW button on the website
Gymsports FNQ, BSB: 064 830, ACCOUNT: 1033 8549
Please use child’s name as a reference
Class fees MUST be up to date or on a payment plan to attend this event.
Assessment Folders: If you already have a folder, please ensure you return it before Assessment Day, if you have misplaced your folder you can purchase another for $10. Assessment folders can be stored at the gym for safe keeping and can be collected or returned anytime.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR GYMNAST HAS…………………………….
* Eaten lunch BEFORE the event (gymnasts cannot leave the floor to eat during the assessment)
* a full water bottle
* Hair is tidy and away from face (no makeup)
* Girls please wear a leotard, bathers or snug fitting clothing appropriate for gymnastics (no baggy shirts or skirts)
* Boys please wear a snug fitting singlet and sport shorts (school shorts are fine – no boardies!)
* No makeup, watches or jewellery (studs are fine)
All gymnasts will be awarded at the end of the event so DON’T FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!
And most importantly……………….…
DON’T BE LATE! Gymnasts will not be permitted to do the assessment if they are late. Assessment nomination fees are non-refundable.
- GymFun: Term 1 – Saturday 25th March
- GymSkills: Term 2 – Saturday 17th June
- GymFun: Term 3 – Saturday 9th September
- GymSkills: Term 4 – Saturday 25th November
- BOYS: GymFun and GymSkills Term 2 – 17th June and Term 4 – 25th November